Friday, November 18, 2016

National Bible Week Quote of the Day

Ken Foisie, CBS Class of 2010 sent this to Jill Costa today:

I loved your quote and it inspired me to submit one of my very favorites. As a matter of fact, I'm leading an adult Bible study in three parishes. We are currently in the midst of the Divided Kingdom and the Exile - of course, full of doom and destruction - and I wanted to conclude the last session on an upbeat note. So I turned to one of my favorites from one of the least quoted of the prophets, Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV), for inspiration. This verse, I feel, really gets us inside the heart of God.
"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty One who will save;  He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by his love; He will exult over you with loud singing."
Can you imagine that? He's mightier than all our sins, a Savior who saves, and loves us and is so excited about being reconciled to us that it makes Him burst into song! Wow.

So whenever I'm feeling down or disappointed, I often go to this verse and the picture of God's love for us.  It's every reason to rejoice.

We love hearing about the great work you all are doing in your faith communities to bring God's Word to others. Thanks, Ken, for your post today!