Monday, February 13, 2017

Making Sense of the Bible ~ Early Feedback

St. Francis Xavier, New Milford 
Ten parishioners of St. Francis Xavier parish in New Milford are the first to complete the newest Hartford Catholic Biblical School (CBS) program, Making Sense of the Bible (CBS 075). Led by CBS alumna, Maura Pauli, the students unanimously rated all aspects of the course as "excellent" and had this to say about their experience:
The course was wonderful.... I feel it opening my mind and my heart. 
I enjoyed learning about the Bible. I feel I grew a lot in my faith.
Of most value to me was learning to navigate through the Bible.
Of most value to me was the need for a more comprehensive attitude and context when reading Scripture.
It was a great introductory class. I still would like more classes!
In addition to CBS 075 and the four-year intensive CBS program, there are also dozens of CBS alums who are providing biblical ministries in their parishes and schools. Contact the Biblical School at catholic.biblical.school@aohct.org to find ideas about how your community might come to know Jesus personally through Bible Study.