Monday, December 8, 2014

Handing On Our Biblical Faith



The Holy Father's December intention for evangelization is:

“That parents may be true evangelizers, passing on to their children the precious gift of faith.”

This is a DIFFICULT task, and now that I have grown children, I know I could have done better. BUT, we trust that God will continue to find ways to be present in our grown childrens' lives, through those who are their new "lights." And perhaps through our continued faithfulness (when we are).

But nagging is a disaster for spiritual growth. So says Jerome Murphy O'Connor, at least, and I agree with him. How, then, can parents (with children of all ages) evangelize their children?

That's your challenge today! Send ideas to barbara.jean.horell@aohct.org. I will post your ideas. (If yours doesn't make it into the blog, or if I edit it a little bit, it may be because it's similar to another post that I did publish.)

And don't forget that on March 8, our Celebration of Sacred Scripture will be all about "how to" bring faith to life and life to faith, with top religious educator and dad of a teenage boy, Thomas H. Groome.

Advent Blessings! BJ