Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Best of Barron

What about Divine Wrath?

I'm posting early this week, because in today's reflection Bishop Robert
Barron explains eloquently and succinctly a key concept that usually takes me much longer to say. I want all my students, past and present, to read what he wrote:
2ND WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME, YEAR I
MARK 3:1-6
"Friends, today’s Gospel shows an angry Jesus healing a man with a withered hand. Whenever the Bible speaks of the divine anger, which it does a lot, it is talking poetically about God’s passion to set things right. God doesn’t go in and out of emotional states. He doesn’t fall into snits. He longs to establish justice on the earth and stands athwart those forces opposed to his purpose. This is precisely what Jesus does toward the Pharisees in today’s Gospel."

Thank you Bishop Barron!

For the complete reflection, click here: http://dailycatholicgospel.com/get-reflections.